I believe I mentioned that daughter’s Sasha and Demri are both pregnant. We found out recently that Sasha is having another boy (this will make three for her and her husband James), and we found out today that Demri and Eric are having a boy (their first child). That will make two granddaughters and eight grandsons. The girls are definitely outnumbered.
I recently spoke with my primary care doctor and he said that people who are getting the flu this year are remaining sick for longer periods of time, more so than usual. If I have the same strain of flu as most people, I will likely continue to be sick for another couple of weeks. Unbelievable. I’ve been sick since before Christmas. Thank goodness Lisa has remained healthy and strong.
I met with another doctor on Monday, the doctor who performed my knee replacement surgery. An x-ray technician in his office took a couple of x-rays of my left knee. You can see the two prothesis implants in the x-ray pictured below. The doctor was very impressed by my quick recovery (no doubt due to the awe-inspiring skill of the surgeon). At my rate of recovery he believes I should be back to normal, or as normal as can be expected, by July.
Ian’s friend from church, Tyler, was able to provide us with addition building material for use on the expansion of the brooder shed at the farm in Corvallis. I took the material with me in the bed of the truck when I drove to Corvallis last week. Tyler has provided us with a couple of thousand dollars worth of material, for the project, at no cost to us. Hopefully Ian will continue to remain good friends with Tyler. Below are current pictures of the work Kevin has done on the brooder shed.
On Wednesday my friend Bob, a mechanic who owns an auto repair shop in Corvallis, performed some work on my truck so I got to spend the day with my brother Kevin. Bob has always done a great job repairing my vehicles over the years and my preference is to take my car/truck to Bob over any other mechanic. Yes, I know the job will be done right. No worries. Don’t ever move Bob or I will be sad.
Kevin wanted to add a cupola to the roof of the shed so I was able to help out with the design and the construction of the cupola base while the truck was getting repaired. It was like old times working alongside Kevin, even though it was but for a short time.
The project in Adair is moving forward, although slower than I would like. I’ve hired a wetland consultant to perform a wetland delineation on the property to determine if wetlands as present. The consultant will be performing his assessment at the end of February. I’ve also hired an architect on Whidbey Island to develop a conceptual site plan, showing the location of the roads and houses. The City of Adair Village wants this drawing to help provide a vision to the City Planning Commission and City Council for use in the Urban Growth Boundary (UGB) Expansion and the Annexation process. I will be writing the application for the UGB expansion and annexation in February and I have hired a consultant to review my application for accuracy and completeness. I hope to be able to turn in the application in March with a public hearing to follow in April or May.
Lisa's sneaky husband dropping a picture of her into the blog for no reason

This is Chels. Bob is still fixing cars? Wow I don't blame you for only taking your vehicle to him. I would too. I'm glad you're recovering to so well Dad. Hope you get rid of your cold soon.
ReplyDelete