Sunday, March 12, 2017
Some of you may know the meaning of the term, “Riding the Pig.” It refers to someone who is hooked on drugs. As in, “I saw Ray the other day and he was lookin’ like he was all messed up. I think he’s riding the pig again.” I snapped a picture of Lisa riding the pig, but I’m pretty sure she was drug free.
Lisa and I went to dinner with a couple from our church earlier in the week, Scott and Chris Gudmundsen. Afterwards they invited us to their home for dessert. Scott considers himself to be a chocolate connoisseur and that is what we had for our dessert, chocolate (see above). The chocolate on the left was the one we enjoyed the most. We are definitely going to have to find some of that chocolate!
I met with Ross Chapin on Friday, the architect who is providing the conceptual site development plan for our property in Adair Village. The plan is almost complete (see above). There are just a few changes to be made before I submit the final plan to the City. There are 34 home sites and 1 commons building. The homes range in size from 600 square feet to 1600 square feet.
While Lisa and I were on our morning walk in Washington Park a Wren approached us. We stopped in the road and the little bird began to hop circles around us, all the while chirping like a little child appealing for food. Soon we were surrounded by birds of all kinds: Black-capped Chickadees, Spotted towhees, Bushtits, Nuthatches, and Sparrows. It was like being enclosed in a bird sanctuary, but there was no confining the birds. They were free to fly anywhere they wanted to and they had chosen to encircle us. Our guess was they were simply looking for a handout. Next time we will bring bird seed with us on our walk.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment