Sunday, May 14, 2017

So much has happened since my last blog posting I’m not sure where to begin.  But, let’s start here...

For Step-Mother’s Day today Lisa and I took a short hike in Sharp’s Park.  The weather was perfect and the clear air provided some great views.




I received a genetic report from my personal DNA analysis and it indicates that no genetic variants were detected for Late-Onset Alzheimer's Disease or Parkinson’s Disease.  This news is worth celebrating.  Both Kevin and I have worried that either dad’s Alzheimer’s or mother’s Parkinson’s would pass onto the next generation (us) but that does not appear to be the case.  If Kevin’s DNA is similar to mine, he can also rest easy.

On the evening of April 21st I loaded up the truck with what was to become Sasha and James new louvered roof (material donation from Ian, Tim & Lisa).  Early the next morning Lisa and I set out for Utah (with a stop that night at Chelsi and Eric’s home in Meridian, Idaho).  While in Utah, Lisa and I stayed with Marque and Sarah (Lisa’s niece, husband, and family) and enjoyed their hospitality.




Here is a picture of daughter’s Sasha and Demri, both about ready to pop.
 


It was a busy week and a half, and full of the following:

Eric’s graduation from BYU.





When Demri was no taller than a tumbling tumbleweed, I made her a rocking horse.  Lisa presented to Demri, at her baby shower, the remake of the old mare.  It has a new look and feel for the next generation.  


While Lisa attended Demri’s baby shower, Eric, his dad, and I went shooting.




Attending Sister Wylie’s homecoming talk in Utah (a missionary who served in Anacortes before being released for home).


Constructing a deck and louvered roof for Sasha and James.








Attending Jake, Erin, and their daughter Reagan’s sealing in the temple.


Attending Jake’s birthday and family sealing party.



Lisa’s 60th birthday party and magic show.








Seeing Duane and Molly’s new home, and Josh and Marie's new building lot (no photo).


My new prosthesis knee continues to heal, although slowly.  Lisa and I worried that all my recent physical work just might inflame the knee and slow the healing process.  That has not been the case.  If anything, all the bending, crouching, and kneeling seems to be helping.  I only need to be patient and realize the recovery for a knee replacement is a long term process.

2 comments:

  1. So glad your trip went well and that we got to see you twice 💜

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great week. So glad you came out and that we got to spend so much time with you!

    ReplyDelete