At the moment you read the opening sentences to this blog posting, the moment was taken from you and is now in the past. What was the future became the present, and then transformed into history. Time is relative, but also relentless. There is time for every purpose under heaven, but there is never enough. Time heals all wounds, but is also the great destroyer. Time is a contradiction, one I have great difficulty reconciling.
Ian’s 38th birthday bash.
Lisa’s progressive 29th birthday pictures above.
Lisa with her Mother’s Day flower bouquet from the girls.
Lisa’s ten year colonoscopy clock lapsed this last Tuesday, ending her in the hospital for another procedure. My poor wife did not handle the pre-op nor the anesthesia medication well. Throwing up, dizziness, nausea, and bed rest followed her throughout Tuesday night and Wednesday.
Lisa and I were in McCall, Idaho a couple of weeks ago celebrating our 14th anniversary (time flies - the universal cliche) and Lisa’s birthday. I also had a job interview with Whitetail Club/Shore Lodge, a high-end resort in McCall. The resort was looking for a program manager to oversee their growth for the next few years. I did not get the job, but we were able to get a paid vacation out of the trip.
Chelsi, Eric, and Birch met us in McCall for the day.
Are you familiar with the cable TV series called Breaking Bad? The star of the show, Aaron Paul, is the one who purchased our 5 acre McCall property a couple of years ago. I stopped by the property while we were in McCall and Aaron is building a very big house on the property.
Lisa and I are 98% sure we will be putting the house on the market in late August and building a smaller home up the hill from us. Here is a picture of what the home will likely look like (see below). The home has little in the way of storage space, and as such, we are buying a storage unit a few minutes from our home, down by the marina. Ian will be sharing in the cost, using some of the space for his business.
A funny event happened at church a few weeks ago. A good friend, Jim, lost sight in his left eye in December, leaving him with only 20% vision in his right eye. He has become legally blind, but he is still able to get around, doing some things on his own. Jim was sitting behind me in our priesthood meeting at church and I noticed his pant zipper was down. Not wanting to interrupt the meeting by bringing it to his attention, I decided to send him a text message. “Jim, your fly is open and letting in cold air.”
I, like most people, put my cell phone on vibrate mode while I’m in church. Jim forgot to do so. In addition, since the loss of his eye sight, his phone talks to him when someone sends him a text message, something I was unaware of. So, a few seconds after I sent him a text message, his phone begins to talk to him, “Jim, your fly is open and letting in cold air. Jim, your fly is open and letting in cold air.”
My attempt to be quiet about his situation turned into quite the interruption. People are still laughing about it today.
One of Kaylene’s college roommates, and her family, came to Anacortes for a visit. The two families had a BBQ on the beach at Washington Park and we were invited to attend.





Hey, Lisa and I are the same age ;)
ReplyDeleteThe home looks beautiful! Can't wait to see what the inside is like. Poor Jim. I'm sure he'll start silencing his phone the moment he enters church! Haha!