Ian has been busy in his new business and I’ve gone along with him on his inspections once or twice a week. Last week, as we were cutting away some berry bushes, I found a humming bird nest hidden in the vines. Not only was the nest tiny, it was well hidden because of being decorated with soft plant fibers, moss an lichen. Notice the use of spider silk as threads to bind and hold the nest together? The nest was also lined with feathers and fluffy seeds. I wonder what type of humming bird built the nest?
We have been allowing Vivian to accompany us on the back deck. She seemed to like viewing the birds, rabbits, dear, and other wildlife that frequent our back yard. At first, Vivie was a bit scared in her new surroundings, but as time went on her confidence increased and she became more relaxed.
I built a screen barrier at the top of the steps to keep her on the deck. This allowed us to leaved Vivian on the deck unsupervised. The other day, after a frantic search of the deck that turned up no cat, Lisa found her outside hiding in the bushes next to the house. Vivie has now lost her deck privileges.
Lisa’s nephew Jacob and his friend Brian brought out an old truck from Utah to deliver to Ian and Kaylene. In return, Jacob loaded up their old Dodge SUV on his trailer and took it back to Utah. Apparently it was a good trade. In the short time Jacob and Brian were here in Anacortes (overnight), we took them to the top of Mount Erie and to Deception Pass Bridge.
July is the last month in Intuit’s fiscal year which means Lisa was busy with work all month long. Even on the night of July 31, while we were out to dinner, Lisa was checking last minute details, making sure the close went smoothly. It did. Lisa got lots of kudos for doing such a great job.
To me, Lisa is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her (Proverbs 3:15).
On Tuesday I went to the gun range with a few church members. Aaron, pictured at far right, has a membership to North Whidbey Sportsmen’s Association. This allowed us to shoot at their gun range. I brought along only one gun, my .22 revolver which I’ve owned for 50 years. It has always been my favorite handgun. Pictured are the two targets I shot at at 15 yards distance. Willie, the tall guy in the center, was surprised by my shooting accuracy. Willie said, “Is there anything you are not good at!”
My first 18 warm-up shots
My next 12 shots



No comments:
Post a Comment