Sometimes the best sunsets are in your own backyard. And yes, there’s something about a beautiful sunset that makes living in Anacortes complete, the perfect end to a perfect day in paradise.
While Lisa kept the home fires burning I spent a couple of weeks in Utah laying tile in Sasha and Jame’s home. This included the entry way, two bathrooms, the kitchen and dining room.
My helpers on the project included:
Nephew Jake
James
Sasha
Gideon
While there I also installed a section of fence.
When I arrived at their home I delivered to Gideon his birthday present, his rocking horse, Royal.
I watched Elijah and Ezra play soccer.
I timed my trip to Utah to coincide with George Knowlden’s 90th birthday party. I’ve known George and Marge Knowlden since 1974.
I turned a bowl for George on the lathe for his birthday gift.
Most every trip to and from Utah includes a stop at Chelsi and Eric’s home. It’s a great time to see the grandkids (and their parents).
Lisa and I recently purchased a home in a beach community in Greenbank, Washington south of us on Whidbey Island.
There are many strategies when it comes to buying real estate. One of the most widely-told pieces of real estate wisdom is to buy the worst house in the best neighborhood. However, there are mixed feelings about this phrase. Some people believe it to be sound advice. Others counter that it has led people to real estate nightmares. Hopefully, this purchase will not be our nightmare. This home is definitely the worst home in the community, having been neglected for many years. We are not sure what we will do with the home. Either remodel it, tear it down, or build a new home on the property.
I helped Ian repair the septic system, and we used his excavator to clear overgrown landscaping, an old boat and dock from the lagoon, and disposed of trash from the yard.
I’ll keep you updated on progress.









Looks like you had a great time in Utah!That is neat about the house on Whidbey. I'm sure whatever you decide to do with it will turn out beautiful!
ReplyDelete