This tree is not a Rainbow Eucalyptus (what we see in Hawaii) but a Pacific Madrone, or Madrona tree. The tree has rich orange-red bark, that when mature, naturally peels away in thin sheets, leaving a greenish, purple appearance. We see this tree regularly on our walk around Washington Park.
Sasha, James, and the boys came out for a week long visit. It was wonderful having them here. We were able to celebrate Ezra’s birthday, Sasha’s birthday, and Father’s day while they were here.
Our boat friends, Steve and Chris Treiber (always nice to have boat friends) were gracious enough to take us all on their boat to Rosario Resort (on Orcas Island) for lunch.
Below are some additional pictures from the kids visit.
Lisa and I took a morning hike along the water at Hoypus Point and spotted a bald eagle, not an unusual event here on the islands.
I helped Ian on one of his septic repair projects, located at a home on Campbell Lake. The home had a beautiful view.
As Lisa does every year for my birthday, she made me “mother’s” cake, the round white cake with custard filling. This year Lisa made chocolate frosting with white chocolate slivers. If that is all I were to get every year for my birthday, I would be more than satisfied.
Lisa has been taking an early morning fitness class for the last few months (go Lisa!). She finally talked me into going with her. The program is called CrossFit and we attend the 55 and older class, meeting three mornings a week. I poo pooed the idea thinking anyone taking a class for seniors was not likely to get much out of it. I was wrong. After each class we both drag ourselves to the car and huff and puff all the way home.
The gym has a set of rings and my goal is to get from below the rings (see picture), and with a swing and a jerk, get above the rings. It has been 40 years since I was on the rings, and I was 25 pounds lighter. Just hanging there makes my joints hurt. I wonder if I will be able to make my goal (I may have to stop eating birthday cake).
I’m finally getting the siding up on the wood shop in Ian’s back yard. Once done with the wood shop, I’ll start on the garden shed.
Lisa and I have decided to tear down the beach house we recently purchased and build new.



No comments:
Post a Comment