Thursday, April 28, 2016
It has to happen sooner or later for every long-term couple. Has it happened to you? In our case it only took twelve years. Lisa and I gave each other the same greeting card for our anniversary on Sunday, both purchased at the same store. How funny!
Speaking of anniversaries, for our anniversary Lisa and I went to Rosario Resort on our sailboat Syntony. And because the winds were predicted to be stronger than our comfort zone, we asked Gary (work associate and longtime sailor) and his wife Wendy to accompany us on our outing, and they did.
We had a wonderful time sailing on Syntony. Yes, you read that right, sailing. We sailed the whole way home from Rosario Resort and it was fabulous. Gary learned to sail from his father Tom. Tom sailed at the San Diego Yacht Club and was named Yachtsman of the year in 1972. Tom taught Dennis Conner how to sail (How funny is that!). Dennis won the America’s Cup four times in the 1970-80’s. Needless to say, Lisa and I received a good education from Gary.
I have cut short the life of my two tomato plants, but not before they offered up some fruit. The tomatoes became too wild and unmanageable. Although, they were simply doing what they are suppose to do... grow in size, but the gardener didn’t know how best to prune them as they got taller and bushier. I have since become educated and I’m starting over.
And finally, getting caught up on our trip to Corvallis and Philomath a few weeks ago to see Kevin and Janet. On our way through Albany we stopped at King Cone (a long time family tradition) and grabbed a couple of ice cream cones.
On Friday night we enjoyed the company of the Cornelius clan. Hey, who’s that little girl attempting to get into the grownup’s picture?
K&J took us out to Finley Wildlife Refuge on Saturday for a walk on the boardwalk. The boardwalk was built in honor of Janet’s father, Homer Campbell.
I went into work yesterday and cleaned out my office. It’s hard to describe the emotions I was feeling. I’ll simply leave it at that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment